If you know anything about Armin van Buuren’s groundbreaking career as a DJ, producer and label owner, it’s that the Dutch native always likes to venture into unknown territories.
He has kept the spark of diversity going under countless productions and continues to reinvent himself in varying degrees of Trance legend, DJ superstar, festival headliner and wise veteran: bringing euphoria to the world with hits like ‘Communication’ and ‘Shivers’, providing solid Trance anthems under his GAIA guise, topping the EDM charts with ‘This Is What It Feels Like’ and ‘Another You’, and pulling no punches on the Psy-infused bangers ‘Great Spirit’ and ‘United’.
With over two decades in the industry, Armin van Buuren still doesn’t lack inspiration and his diverse sound continues to spread, through the release of his seventh artist album, ‘Balance’.
The new album is filled with contrasting elements. From his collaborators (when was the last time you saw Ne-Yo and Tempo Giusto on the same track list?) to the wide range of electronic sounds, his open mind to all genre’s and years of experience result in some of the most enthralling dance tunes.
It’s an intricate balance of melody, touching vocals and energy. It’s an album that grabs you, holds you and doesn’t let go.
A vision of bringing music lovers from all genre’s together as one, is exactly what drives Armin van Buuren to work out his studio magic.
“Every song I make teaches me something new, and the next song is always a result of all my previous records, the new things I learned and the people I met,” Armin van Buuren on his new album.
“Over the years, this process – and especially the fun of creating – became more and more important to me. It’s a journey that gives me meaning and helps me learn more about my personal interests rather than focus on the recognition I get for the outcome. That’s the big difference between who I am today and who I was a few years ago. ‘BALANCE’ is a new chapter in my book of life, the result of venturing into known and unknown territories while finding the balance in between. This creative journey gives me the energy to do what I do, to keep going. I don’t want to think about what music should be. I want to think about what music could be.”
With a total of 28 tracks, its features include the likes of Inner City, Sam Martin, BT, Nation Of One, Tempo Giusto, HALIENE, Sam Martin, Shapov, Luke Bond, Cimo Fränkel and many more.
‘Balance’ is out now on all platforms and you can preview it below.
Armin van Buuren – ‘Balance’ Tracklist:
1. Sucker for Love (feat. Avalan)
2. Something Real (feat. Jordan Shaw) – Armin van Buuren & Avian Grays
3. Wild Wild Son (feat. Sam Martin)
4. Phone Down – Armin van Buuren & Garibay
5. Blah Blah Blah
6. Sunny Days – Armin van Buuren & Josh Cumbee
7. Runaway (feat. Candace Sosa)
8. It Could Be – Armin van Buuren & Inner City
9. Unlove You (feat. Ne-Yo)
10. Therapy – Armin van Buuren & James Newman
11. Waking up with You (feat. David Hodges)
12. Sex, Love & Water (feat. Conrad Sewell)
13. Don’t Give up on Me (feat. Josh Cumbee) – Armin van Buuren & Lucas & Steve
14. Don’t Let Me Go (feat. Matluck)
15. La Résistance De L’amour – Armin van Buuren & Shapov
16. Million Voices
17. Show Me Love – Armin van Buuren & Above & Beyond
18. Song I Sing (feat. HALIENE)
19. High on Your Love (feat. James Newman)
20. I Need You (feat. Olaf Blackwood) – Armin van Buuren & Garibay
21. Lonely for You (feat. Bonnie McKee)
22. Always (feat. Nation Of One) – Armin van Buuren & BT
23. Turn It Up
24. Mr. Navigator – Armin van Buuren & Tempo Giusto
25. Revolution (feat. KARRA) – Armin van Buuren & Luke Bond
26. All Comes Down (feat. Cimo Fränkel)
27.Miles Away (feat. Sam Martin)